Friday, June 11, 2010

Boston ties NBA Finals at 2-2

So today was a crazy day. CU is joining the Pac-10, which now joins the Big 12 and Big 10 in having eleven teams. I don’t care for the move and feel particularly annoyed at the potential loss of the rivalry game with Nebraska.

USC finally got busted. Thank you! Finally, justice is served against all those 2004 stars who are still on football scholarship with the school. And Pete Carroll’s going to have a tough time getting his next job. (Oh, wait.) Actually, I did get to tell a missionary in my ward today who is a big USC fan about the two-year bowl game ban, and that was kinda fun. (I can’t even describe how self-conscious I was writing that last sentence.)

Most importantly, the Boston Celtics beat the L.A. Lakers to even the Finals. I have mixed feelings. I didn’t see the end of the game, but I saw Rasheed Wallace’s Morey Rule three-pointer with about six minutes left in the fourth. I’m excited. Boston has energy throughout their lineup, which L.A. can really lack. On the other hand, I keep having these flashbacks to the Nuggets evening it 2-2 last year against L.A. before getting steamrolled. So I am cautiously optimistic.

This post is a bit lame; please help by adding your salient comments below.

1 comment:

blaine said...

What I don't understand about the whole USC fiasco is why on earth did it take 6 years before there were any sanctions? It's amusing to watch Carroll and Bush feign outrage over the NCAA's ruling. Is there a possibility of Bush losing his heisman award?

The Lakers are clearly a different team without Bynum in the lineup. Davis, who I'm becoming a huge fan of, did anything he wanted in the post last night and was the hardest working player on the floor. If the Celtics could make a bloody layup, that game would've been a blowout.