Sunday, September 20, 2009

CU 24, Wyoming 0

Now is the time for Colorado Buffaloes fans to breathe a huge sigh of relief: the football team picked up its first win of the season yesterday in a shutout over the Wyoming Cowboys at Folsom Field.

I was terrified all week that Wyoming would win. My brother and his wife were both athletes there and I thought if I didn’t make a big deal of it before the game, maybe they’d let me off easy afterwards. By Thursday I realized that the nature of the matchup (Big 12 vs. Mountain West) meant I’d be hearing a bunch anyway, so I talked a tiny amount of trash, and was very pleasantly surprised to check the score yesterday and find us winning.

I didn’t get to watch the game, since I don’t get Fox College Sports Central, which I could swear I’d never heard of before last week. I’m troubled by the box score that says our quarterback threw a ton of passes again (31) for not a lot of yards (175), but it appears our defense and running game were great, so I’ll take it. Any of you see what happened?

No comments: