Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hansen starting rest of the way?

Tyler Hansen, who lost his favorite red shirt Saturday, will, if all goes well, be starting at quarterback for the Colorado Buffaloes for the rest of the season.

I felt bad for Hansen during the game Saturday, wondering if he was really prepared to play and if he would get much playing time down the stretch this season, or if perhaps he’d been compelled to surrender his year off for little gain. The ESPN.com article shows, however, that the coaches planned this out a little more than the ESPN broadcast crew led us to believe. (Yes, the same crew whose Brad Nessler cruelly suggested we’d learn more about the quarterback controversy by reading the Rocky Mountain News today. Ouch.) Turns out the coaches approached him before the game, and Hansen wanted to play, so it’s all good.

But anyway, the term redshirt reminded me of a cool quote from the man himself, Pat Tillman, that I wanted to share (that whole article is outstanding):

When the coach raised the possibility of a redshirt year that would give him extra time to grow and learn the Sun Devils' system, Pat said, ‘I've got things to do with my life. You can do whatever you want with me, but in four years I'm gone.’

1 comment:

David V. said...

The Hawk's should lose their jobs...

Yes both of them. They should be banished from Boulder and forced to live a lives in solitude in Wyoming.

I hope Hansen is given the keys to the car for the rest of the season. It can't be worse then the current situation.